Welcome to the East Linton Heritage Information site
The information posted in this section of the East Lothian Heritage web site is intended to promote information now available in relation to the East Linton area. The first phase was collated by David Affleck, former Secretary of East Linton History Society which was wound up in February 2008. It includes information relating to the following
- East Linton Horticultural Society and its promotion of East Linton’s Horticultural Heritage.
- The area’s connection with the noted Hepburn family.
- The Heritage Orchard in Preston Road.
- Curling in the East Linton area.
- and more – see links in menu above
Further information on East Linton’s Local History can be found in the publication, By the Linn Rocks, available from the East Lothian Antiquarian Society or by e mail to email@example.com
Other recommended reading is the chapter on Prestonkirk Parish in Volume Two of the Fourth Statistical Account of East Lothian 1945-2000 published by East Lothian Council Library Service.
We hope you will find information of interest on this site.