The Society, which is open to all ages of people who wish to learn more about their local history;
- Meets each month throughout the winter alternately in Gullane and Dirleton for talks, often with illustrations, on topics of local and wider historical interest. Arranges an annual outing to a place of historical interest.
- Aims to collect, study and record the history of Dirleton Parish containing the villages of Gullane, Dirleton and Drem, part of North Berwick and the surrounding countryside.
- Maintains a well-catalogued archive of documents, tapes, photographs and maps for reference and research.
- Publishes the results of members’ research.
- Current research projects include the history of shops in Gullane, the medieval village of Dirleton and Drem airfield.
For further information please telephone 01620 843310.
Or email us at email@example.com
Membership costs £15.00 per year. The suggested donation for visitors to meetings is £3.00.
To download a membership form click here