The Society, which is open to all ages of people who wish to learn more about their local history;
- Meets each month throughout the winter alternately in Gullane and Dirleton for talks, often with illustrations, on topics of local and wider historical interest. Arranges an annual outing to a place of historical interest.
- Aims to collect, study and record the history of Dirleton Parish containing the villages of Gullane, Dirleton and Drem, part of North Berwick and the surrounding countryside.
- Maintains a well-catalogued archive of documents, tapes, photographs and maps for reference and research.
- Publishes the results of members’ research.
- Current research projects include the history of shops in Gullane, the medieval village of Dirleton and Drem airfield.
For further information please telephone the Membership Secretary, Esther Sharpley (01620 843095).
Or email us at email@example.com
Membership costs £15.00 per year. The suggested donation for visitors to meetings is £3.00.
To download a membership form click here